Thank you for attending the Environmental Documentary Screening of 2040 on March 3rd! Almost 200 viewers tuned in to watch the virtual screening and panel discussion and left feeling very inspired and that they learned a lot.
We had an wonderful and fun panel discussion with the film’s Writer/Director Damon Gameau and environmentalist, entrepreneur, activist and founder and author of Project Drawdown, Paul Hawken. The panel was led by Sarah Spitz, UC Master Gardener/Los Angeles County.
Please fill out the survey HERE. If you fill out the Survey by Friday, March 12th you will be entered into our prize drawing!
For those of you who were unable to access the film or had to miss the end to join the panel, the film will be available to watch for free through the rest of today and hopefully will be extended a bit longer.
As always, our goal is to educate and follow that education up with action. Here are the action items we offered at the film screening. Please make a commitment to do something and share it with us; Post on Sustainable Works Facebook Wall, share on social media @sustainablework, @sustainablesm, @sustainablesamo or send us an email email@example.com
1. Complete the City of Santa Monica’s Sustainability Calculator. This is a vital step in the City reaching its sustainability goals. surveymonkey.com/r/SustainableSaMo
2. Choose an electric vehicle when in the market for a new car
3. Make the switch to an all-electric home
4. Support Regenerative farmers by shopping at your local Farmers’ Market
5. Compost – divert food waste from the landfill and supercharge your garden
6. Plant a tree(s)
7. Support organizations that are working to educate girls or become a mentor
8. Reduce the amount of products you consume
9. Support organizations in your community that are working on marine regeneration Bay Foundation https://www.santamonicabay.org/
10. Create a plan at whatsyour2040.com
Please support Sustainable Works by joining us for our 2021 Eco Star Awards. TODAY (Friday) at 5pm is the last day to order “The Works” ticket that includes the Akasha Dinner and Eli’s Bees Honey. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE