Thank you for attending the Eating Our Way to Extinction Screening and Panel Discussion on June 1st presented by the City of Santa Monica and Sustainable Works. We had an amazing panel discussion with Christine Tran, Executive Director LA Food Policy Council, Dana Ellis Hunnes, Vegan/plant-based Dietitian, UCLA Professor, & Author and Gerard Wedderburn-Bisshop, Scientist, Author and Director of Replant Byron, who is featured in the film. The panel was moderated by Sarah Spitz, UC Master Gardener, Los Angeles County.
If you missed the panel, you can watch it below.
Please fill out the survey HERE. If you fill out the survey by Friday, June 10th you will be entered into our prize drawing!
As always, our goal is to educate and follow that education up with action. Here are the action items we offered at the film screening. Please make a commitment to do something and share it with us; Post on Sustainable Works Facebook Wall, Tweet with our handle @sustainablework, connect at #sustainablesm or send us an email email@example.com
1. Take the free 14-day plant-based challenge with EOWTE meal planner
2. Choose plant based instead of animal products, some tasty alternatives (tempeh, seitan, jackfruit, lentils, tofu)
3. Make meat/seafood a supporting actor rather than the leading role
4. Try a dish from a culture that typically eats vegetarian
5. Work your way through a vegetarian cookbook
6. Reduce or eliminate dairy consumption
7. Shop at local farmers’ market
8. Support the planting of 10 million trees and an ‘EATING FOR TOMORROW’ forest in Madagascar
9. To eliminate food waste, do not buy more than you need and use what you buy