Thank you so much for participating in the Kiss the Ground online Film Screening and Panel Discussion presented by the City of Santa Monica’s Office of Sustainability and the Environment and Sustainable Works.
Almost 300 viewers tuned in to watch the virtual screening.
We had a wonderful panel discussion with the film’s Directors/Producers Josh & Rebecca Tickell and Anthony Myint, Director of Partnerships at Zero Foodprint. The panel was moderated by Sarah Spitz, UC Master Gardener, Los Angeles County.
Please fill out the survey HERE. If you fill it out by Monday, November 30th you will be entered into our prize drawing for the 1. Kiss the Ground Book, 2. $50 Socalo Gift Card or 3. Kiss the Ground Soil Advocate Training
The Kiss the Ground film is available to watch on Netflix
A recording of the panel discussion is below
As always, our goal is to educate and follow that education up with action. Here are the action items we offered at the film screening. Please make a commitment to do something and share it with us; Post on Sustainable Works Facebook Wall, Tweet with our handle @sustainablework, connect at #sustainablesm or send us an email email@example.com
1. Support Regenerative farmers by shopping at your local Farmers’ Market
2. Start a home garden
3. Compost – divert food waste from the landfill and supercharge your garden
4. Encourage your favorite restaurant to become a Zero Foodprint member
5. Support organizations that are working towards a sustainable food system (Give a Ton of Hope campaign zerofoodprint.org/featuredproject)
6. Take a class to learn more about soil health and regeneration
7. Get involved in the policy-making process to enact/support laws for regenerative agriculture (Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren co-sponsored Farm Reformation Act to outlaw CAFOs by 2040)