Thank you for attending The Ants & the Grasshopper Screening and Discussion on Environmental Equity event on March 22nd presented by the City of Santa Monica and Sustainable Works. We had an amazing panel discussion with Zilanie NyaGondwe, Director Institute for the Conservation of Nature and Raj Patel, Co-Director of The Ants and the Grasshopper. As well as a special video message from Anita Chitaya who is featured in the film. The panel was moderated by Delana Gbenekama, the City of Santa Monica’s Equity and Communications Coordinator.
If you missed the panel, you can watch it below.
Please fill out the survey HERE. If you fill out the Survey by Friday, April 1st you will be entered into our prize drawing!
As always, our goal is to educate and follow that education up with action. Here are the action items we offered at the film screening. Please make a commitment to do something and share it with us; Post on Sustainable Works Facebook Wall, Tweet with our handle @sustainablework, connect at #sustainablesm or send us an email email@example.com
1. If you are a Santa Monica resident, fill out the calculator tool, a vital step in the City reaching its sustainability goals.
2. Sign a petition to sponsor the End Polluter Welfare Act To End Fossil Fuel Subsidies HERE.
3. Support local organizations working on Climate Change, Equity and Women’s Rights.
4. Donate to Soils, Food and Healthy Communities, an organization working on Farmer-led Research for Food Security and Nutrition in Malawi.
5. Make the switch to an all-electric home Rebates Available – Visit SwitchIsOn.org.
6. Leave your car at home – bike, walk, carpool or take public transportation.
7. Choose an electric vehicle when in the market for a new car.
8. Be more energy efficient at home.
9. Compost – divert food waste from the landfill and reduce methane emissions.
10. Reduce your meat & dairy consumption.
11. Reduce the number of products you consume.
12. Join Climate Action Santa Monica Climate Corps